Friday, June 13, 2014

Michael Thal talks about his new story, The Abduction of Joshua Bloom


Blurb:
A high school track star is abducted by aliens, explores strange worlds, uncovers genocide on a planetary scale, and is thrust into extraterrestrial politics that decides the fate of an Earth on the brink of war or unification.
The Abduction of Joshua Bloom tells the story of a teen abduction by an alien race who justifies their act in an attempt to save their people. Joshua finds himself in a world dominated by women, and men are subjugated to their whims. He travels to a dinosaur world, visits a water planet, and a world doomed by a star about to nova. 
 
 
Excerpt:
(Here is where Joshua first realizes he’s being abducted by aliens.)

I shook my head. “No! You’re full of it!” I pointed at the screen displaying the Earth-moon system. “It’s either a great snapshot or a live feed from a satellite. I’m outta here.”

As I bolted away from the screen, Peda, The Zombie, and Marina blocked my way. Anita stood on the sidelines wide-eyed.
I tried to push through, but Zombie tapped my chest knocking me to the floor.
As he stood over me, his biceps bulged.       
Lela ordered, “Grab his shoes and take off his shirt and pants. He won’t be needing them where he’s going.”
“You can’t do this. I have my rights.” I had stumbled into a nest of some B-movie Hollywood freaks and I was their plaything.
Zombie held my arms as Marina ripped the shirt from my back. Peda grabbed the shoes from my thrashing legs.
Zombie slammed my body to the floor.
“Ouch! Cut that out. My dad will sue you.” He held my hands in one large paw and skinny ankles with the other. 
 

Bio

Michael Thal is a freelance writer and author in Los Angeles, CA. Thal began his career in public education. Due to a severe hearing loss, he left his tenured sixth grade teaching assignment to learn the writing craft. Since 2001 he has written over 80 articles for magazines like Highlights For Children, Fun for Kidz, Writer’s Digest, and San Diego Family Magazine. He also has an active column about parenting and education in the Internet newspaper, the Los Angeles Examiner (http://www.examiner.com/academic-success-in-los-angeles/michael-thal). His novels include Goodbye Tchaikovsky (the story of a deaf violinist), The Legend of Koolura (a tale about a girl with extraordinary psychic powers hunted by a mad man), Koolura and the Mystery at Camp Saddleback (Koolura is back in a new adventure at a sleep away camp where she loses her powers and needs to uncover a prankster), and The Abduction of Joshua Bloom (The story of a teen abducted by aliens). All of his books are available on Amazon. You can learn more about this author at http://www.michaelthal.com or e-mail him at michaelthal@sbcglobal.net.  



4 comments:

  1. Good morning all. First, thank you Michael for stopping by. Your book sounds terrific and I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of stories under your belt. This one looks very interesting. Best of luck!

    Jo Linda

    ReplyDelete