Sunday, March 27, 2016

Sherry Alexander stops by Penny's Tales!

Hi everybody.  I am very exited to have the talented Sherry Alexander on Penny's Tales.  Check out how she came up with the idea for her story, Search for the Red Ghost - Wonderful!!!





Hello Penny. Thank you for inviting me to visit today and share my new book, Search for the Red Ghost, with you and your readers. 
 
Three years ago, I came across a historic picture of a camel tied to a hitching post in front of an old Southwest Army Fort. I like to believe that I am an American history buff, but I had never heard of camels in the 1800s. I had to know more, so I started researching the where, when, and whys of the photo. That research led to my non-fiction book, The Great Camel Experiment of the Old West, and it led me to a legend.

After the Civil War, the military sold the camels, but a few were released into the deserts of New Mexico and Arizona. One of those camels was spotted off and on for decades. It harassed miners, cowboys, and lone riders. Then in 1883, it killed a woman drawing water from a creek. That incident led me to ask, “What if?”

What if no one knew what animal was responsible for the woman’s death? What if she had a son and he wanted revenge? And, what if the boy’s Army Scout father refused to hunt down the animal because Geronimo’s warriors were attacking ranches? The answers to these questions became Search for the Red Ghost, a tween action/adventure novel set in the desert of 1883 Arizona. 



Short Blurb


Released by MuseitUp Publishing as an ebook, it is available on my author page at MuseItUp and all ebook retailers. It is also available as a print book at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

MuseItUp Author Page:

https://museituppublishing.com/bookstore/index.php/our-authors/50-our-authors/authors-a/502-sherry-alexander

Barnes and Noble

Amazon

Kobo
https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/search-for-the-red-ghost

Thank you for allowing me to visit today. My blog for and about kids and my website are below.


http://www.sherryalexanderwrites.com/



2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Penny, for hosting me today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Search for the Red Ghost sounds like a fascinating read.

    ReplyDelete