Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Best Selling Author Kit Morgan is in the "Hot Seat"!

I am so very excited to have the talented, best selling author, Kit Morgan in the hot seat today.  She answers some questions about herself, her life, and her new book - Mail-Order Bride Ink - Dear Mr. Turner. 





  1. Tell us all about yourself and what makes you tick and what do you like doing when you aren’t writing!  What makes me tick, eh? Well, a peaceful country setting like the one I live in! I live in a little log cabin in the woods on a creek and often write on a bench creek sides! Music also fuels the muse and when I’m writing under Geralyn Beauchamp, I write my time travel/science fiction books entirely to music. I’ve done quite a few of Kit Morgan’s westerns this way too, but mostly the other. In my spare time (when I actually have any) I do love to travel to historic places and of course READ!

2.  Tell us about your family – married?   Kids?   Where you live!  I’m single (been divorced   for 17 years) have three grown children, no grandchildren yet in case you were wondering, and live in the great Pacific Northwest!

  1.  If you could travel anywhere in or out of this world, where would it be? Can I say my own fictional towns and worlds? No? All right, if not those places then I’d love to tour Europe one day! 

  1. If you could do anything in this world to make a living, other than writing, what would it be – money being no object? Playing in a symphony. I was an opera major with a flute minor so the musical heart still beats strongly!

  1. What’s you favorite weekly TV show?  Why?  I don’t watch TV  

  1. Have you ever met anybody famous?  Yep! Several famous folks. 


  1. Now, Tell us about your book? Mail-Order Bride Ink is a brand new series. Dear Mr. Weaver was the first book in the series and Dear Mr. Turner the second. Both books visit familiar faces and places for current Kit Morgan readers, and introduce new readers to my world. Dear Mr. Turner takes place in Clear Creek, Oregon. A town full of quirky characters who welcome a Southern Belle into their midst to marry one of their own, Eli Turner. He’s the younger brother of Tom Turner, a character who readers have watched grow into a man and marry. What his poor younger brother Eli doesn’t know, is his Southern Belle mail-order bride is on the run from her family. Her father wants to force her to marry someone she detests to save their plantation. After a few days in Clear Creek, she’s wondering if she should’ve stayed and married the cad. The little western town is as far from her life in Savannah as one can get, so the book is a fish out of water story, but also teaches the heroine values she paid no attention to while living in the gentle south. Throw in a few outlaws, a little action, and some unexpected surprises, and you have a fun read!

  1. Where did you come up with the idea for your story? Oh gads, I have no shortage of ideas! I used to do relationship coaching, so the goal is to tackle one typical relationship issue in each book. What I do then is build a story around that issue.

  1. What is your biggest pet peeve about writing? Getting interrupted while doing it!

  1. Where can people find you? (give all your links) Just go to my website, all my other social links are there. www.authorkitmorgan.com

  1. Most important – where can we buy your story? Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KUJ96SM#nav-subnav


Blurb:  
Mail-Order Bride Ink! Mischief, Marriage and Mayhem, these brides have something to write about! Mrs. Pettigrew, of the Pettigrew Mail-Order Bride Agency sees to that! She likes to hear from all her brides and loves a happy ending. But to ensure her brides get one, she does things to help love along. Sometimes, however, those things don’t always go as planned…

Dear Mrs. Pettigrew,

I made it to Clear Creek without incident. Unfortunately, my intended was unable to meet me at the stage as he was otherwise engaged in being shot at by bloodthirsty outlaws! He, of course, was shooting in return, but that’s not the sort of excuse a bride wants to be told!
I hope I made the right decision in coming here. My life as a Southern Belle of Savannah is quickly fading, my hope with it. I don’t know if I’m the right sort of bride for this Eli Turner. He’s everything a southern gentleman is not. I’m everything a woman of Clear Creek is not! Are you sure this is going to work? Speaking of work, the women here expect me to do a lot of it. I knew there would be some involved, but I had no idea life on the prairie could be so hard. I did, however, manage to bake my first pie without burning it, or the house down, with it. A small achievement and I hope the first of many. I’ll need many more to survive this place! IF I survive …
Write me as soon as you can!

Sincerely,
Pleasant Comfort

Eli Turner's older brother Tom had been happily married for the last six years and had a couple of children to boot. Now it was Eli's turn, but was he ready? He was just a simple deputy after all with an even simpler house to call home. What did he have to offer a bride? Especially the one he got! His mail-order bride wasn't anything like he expected and probably wouldn't survive life out west. What's a man to do with a swooning female?

Pleasant Comfort hadn't planned on getting married, least of all to a man she had no say about. So when her father tries to marry her off to the despicable Rupert Jerney just to save himself from financial ruin, she does what any self-respecting Southern Belle of Savannah would do. She hightails it out of Georgia! But doing so as a mail-order bride might not have been her first choice.She wasn't made for roughing it without servants, a cook, and six older brothers to look out for her. What's a Southern Belle to do when the women of Clear Creek get a hold of her and have other ideas?

10 comments:

  1. I keep buying them as they come out but I need to find the time to read the last few. My schedule has gotten too busy! I need to find a weekend to kick back and enjoy a Kit Morgan book. It helps my soul smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe this 3-dayer will be a good time for catching up! Thanks so much for stopping, Cissie!

      Delete
    2. I know how you feel, Cissie. I read two books while camping and was in heaven! On top of that, my sister and I listened to an audio book at night before going to bed. It was reader/listener bliss! Now it's back to writing for you! It's sure nice to have the time to read a good book and smile.

      Delete
  2. Kit, thanks so much for stopping by and being my guest. Good luck with your newest story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read them all faster than Kit can write them! Clear Creek is a town I could have flourished in! I'm one of your most loyal readers. Janie McCarty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clear Creek does have a way of growing on folks. I must say, of all the communities and towns I've created, it's my favorite. Maybe because it's also special to a certain mysterious Scotsman and company as well. Who knows what else is going on in Clear Creek none of us knows about?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kit , you know how much I love your stories and especially those in Cleer Creek. You make me smile, laugh out loud even with hubby sleeping, I have almost chewed on my fingernails especially when the Cooke women and others were kidnapped along with Belle'crazy aunt. I love this crazy town, all the people in them mysterious and otherwise.
    Thank you for your awesome and amazing stories you tell and I can't wait to read it, after a quick ARC I need to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoy the stories from Clear Creek. (If you think they're fun to read, you should hear the audio versions! Mrs. Dunnigan cooking a pot roast for the outlaws in His Prairie Duchess is beyond hysterical!) There will be more Clear Creek books to come!

      Delete
  6. Kit , you know how much I love your stories and especially those in Cleer Creek. You make me smile, laugh out loud even with hubby sleeping, I have almost chewed on my fingernails especially when the Cooke women and others were kidnapped along with Belle'crazy aunt. I love this crazy town, all the people in them mysterious and otherwise.
    Thank you for your awesome and amazing stories you tell and I can't wait to read it, after a quick ARC I need to read.

    ReplyDelete