Sunday, December 8, 2013

Louisa Mullerworth stops by Penny's Tales







1.     Tell us all about yourself and what makes you tick and what do you like doing when you aren’t writing! I suppose it depends on what I am doing. If I am relaxing then bad telly and good company; American Dad, Family Guy, Charmed and Bones along with my wonderful fiancé and pup and I can happily relax a night away! But if I am working with the wonderful group of authors I have been privileged enough to get to know (yourself included Penny) through my job as the Marketing Advisor for Nocturnal Press Publication, then I will often sit with BBC Radio 2 on and get lost in my work; talking to and organizing events, or giving advice, or simply talking to an author and seeing how far they have come makes me so happy. Needless to say all aspects of my life is very much in a good place and I get great satisfaction from working with the people I do, whether it is writing or in the Marketing Advisor role. 

2.     Tell us about your family – married?   Kids?   Where you live! I am engaged due to be married next year. Would our American Staffie Claude count as a kid? He can certainly act like one when he wants to. We are for all intents a wonderfully happy. And I live in a small town in Leicestershire.

3.     If you could travel anywhere in or out of this world, where would it be? Do you know what I would love to go back to France, and go to Egypt, I have always had a love affair with these places… Oh and I would love to spend more time in Devon, I grew up there and it is like coming home whenever I visit.

4.     What is your favorite all time movie? You know what this is a really hard one to answer… I love horror films but I also love Science Fiction and my all time favorite is StarGate (The 1994 version); the one with James Spader, Alexis Cruz and Kurt Russell… It was one of the biggest influences of in my writing. I just loved it!

5.     What about weekly TV show?  Why? At this moment in time? Although as I said before I have a list of programs I watch almost religiously to unwind I am very much into two programs at the moment… THE BLACKLIST with James Spader and Megan Boone, (can you see a trend?) The amazing dialect and writing, acting and visual story telling draws you in. And James Spader’s character; ‘Raymond ‘Red’ Reddington’ is so complex it leaves you wanting to like him although you feel as though you shouldn’t. The other is StarGate Universe. It is a wonderful mix of storytelling/line, action with wonderful actors and actresses like David Blue, Robert Carlyle, Louis Ferreira, Brian J. Smith, Elyse Levesque and Alaina Huffman… (To name a few.)

6.     What is the scariest situation you have ever been in? Wow Penny you don’t hold back do you? The scariest? I am not sure I could say it… The second would be being told that there was nothing else they could do to stop my seizures and being labeled as ‘untreatable’ and being left to face a life with a twenty to thirty seizures daily… (It took two years and some rather radical treatments but I managed to convince some doctors to treat a different possible cause and the seizures have all but stopped. I think I have had two this month.)

7.     If you could have any fantasy, what would it be? To be a successful author and Marketing Advisor, to be stable and be married to my wonderful man. See out the rest of my life working hard and have a happy home life. (I’m boring really, my biggest fantasy is to be normal.)

8.     Now, Tell us about your book? Dying To Help; The Beginning Of The End is a Science Fiction Action Thriller which looks at the versatility of the Human Race and how well we are able to survive in the most extreme situations. It features a mother and her son as well as an array of people who are stuck in the situation which is when an Alien decides to corrupt a game to meet his own twisted needs.



9.     Where did you come up with the idea for your story? I thought of this when I was fifteen and have written a couple of different drafts. But I always thought there was something missing. I could never put my finger on it. Then in June of 2013 I hit it and finally it fell into place and I have now nearly finished it!

10.  Where can people find you? (give all your links) For facebook you can find me at www.facebook.com/AuthorLouisaMullerworth for Twitter look for @babymull, for my Blog its http://babymull.wordpress.com/ , my website is http://lmullerworth.wix.com/louisamullerworth and if you want to get in touch you can via email; l.mullerworth@gmail.com or through facebook. You can also find information about my role as an author and as a Marketing Advisor for Nocturnal Press Publications at www.npuniverse.com

11.  Most important – where can we buy your story? The book will be released June 18th 2014 however you can pre order a copy or buy tickets to one of my up and coming events in 2014 by emailing me for more information or to pre order!





No comments:

Post a Comment