Monday, December 16, 2013

Shane Almond, of Nocturnal Press Publications, stops by Penny's Tales


I am very excited to have Shane Almond on Penny's Tales today.  Not only is he a talented author, he also is the CEO, Owner, Big Kahuna of Nocturnal Press Publications!






  1. Tell us all about yourselves and what makes you tick and what do you like doing when you aren’t writing!

“When I’m not writing, I like to watch tv, movies as well as wresting and football. I also enjoy going to nice restaurants with my fiancée.”

2.  Tell us about your family – married?   Kids?   Where you live!

     “At the moment, there’s just me, my fiancée Jaynie and our two cats Rebel and   Precious. But by My next year we will have a new addition to the Almond clan, our first child.”

3.     If you could travel anywhere in or out of this world, where would it be?

“In England, I would love to go to Devon. Always loved how beautiful the scenery is over there. I went to one of the places abroad two years ago, when we went to Greece for a week. My other tow would be Florida and Rome.”

4.     What is your favorite all time movie?

“That’s a toughie, but for all time I would have to say the original Clash Of The Titans or The Never Ending Story.”

5.     What about weekly TV show?  Why?

“I don’t have one, as I love so many it would be a long list haha! If I was to choose a few right now though, I would say Supernatural, 2 Broke Girls, The Big Bang Theory, TNA Wresting and WWE wrestling.”

6.     What is the most scared you have ever been?

When I was seven, I was stung by a queen wasp. She was huge! Ever since then I have been petrified of wasps to the point when I will leave a room one is in.”

7.     If you could have any fantasy, what would it be?

Again, I have a few, but my ultimate would be to meet Stan Lee. I grew up reading Marvel and I think the guy is such a genius.”

8.     Now, Tell us about your book?

Well first off, my book isn’t repeating old legends and myths; it is continuing Greek and Norse mythology. I have added new gods, heroes and creatures in The Last Child of Asgard trilogy. I was also told by a reviewer that my book is Harry Potter meets Percy Jackson!”

9.     Where did you come up with the idea for your story?

“When I was a kid, my dad would record classic movies like Jason And The Argonaughts, (can never spell it lol please edit the title to be spelled correctly Penny J) Clash Of The Titans and Hercules for me and after school each night I would watch them before bed. I then started studying Greek mythology at school at fell instantly in love with the genre. I have always loved mythology but it was when writing The Last Child of Asgard, that I decided to continue mythology with new legends.”

10.  What is your favorite thing about writing?

“I love the feeling I get when somebody has read my book and I can tell that they enjoyed it. There is no feeling like it.”

11.  What is your biggest pet peeve about writing?

“I like many authors absolutely hate writer’s block! I also do not like the way a self published author because they aren’t that well known, can struggle to sell their awesome books.”

12.  Do you have a favorite author?

“Yes, my all time favourite would be Tolkien without a shadow of a doubt. I also like JK Rowling and Rick Riordan.” 

13.  Where can people find you? (give all your links)

You can find me and Nocturnal Press at:
and twitter @nocturnalpress


14.  Most important – where can we buy your story?






Synopsis:

When a dairy factory heist goes horribly wrong, fifteen year old Maximus Turner’s life is changed forever. He discovers that he is the two-tone godly son of the Norse goddess of serenity; Fridr and the Olympian god of the sun; Apollo.

No sooner than he is told, his father is taken from him and he ends up an orphan. He is enlisted into Moonrise Academy for Heroes and demigods and vows to make his father’s killer die at his hand, the only problem is that the killer is a god.

Add to that a mysterious prophecy that foretells of a final battle on Mount Olympus, it is plain to see that Maximus Turner’s journey is only just beginning and in Delta, he discovers something else; he isn’t only a warrior, he’s a Leader!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a story my grandson would like to read.

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey everybody! Don't sleep through unfinished college tasks but can not afford the help of costly writers? What online company will do tasks for me very cheap? Facing a deadline for finishing essays? Then, I know one team of professionals for pupils at this paramountessays.com/buy-coursework webste who can solve all your writing problems, so that you score high grades in your assignments. They can send the completed tasks to you before the deadline. With decades of experience in helping students, this team of very smart authors are the coolest in the world and I advice you to try to use their company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good blog. I really love it. I really got a lot of information in this blog. Thanks for sharing this blog. Now it's time to avail Custom Soap Boxes for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this kind of post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I do share this blog. Now its time to avail limo service east bay ca for more information.

    ReplyDelete