Friday, May 25, 2012

Jan Fischer-Wade Comes Calling





Thanks for having me on your site today Penny!  I hope everyone is kicking off this holiday weekend with a bang!!! What books is everyone out there excited to read this summer?  Also, do you have any favorite book covers? I love the one for Wither, so cool! This summer, I will be working on the finishing touches to the sequel to Veiled Virtues so I won’t have time to read much else.  The sequel is entitled Latent Legacy and you can read more about it on my website listed below!



I am having a blast with the Summer Teen Reading Party and I am so excited about this month long event!  We’ve got lots of great books and authors there – many for $1.99 or less. I hope everyone visits!  Make sure to read the rest of this post to find out how you can enter to win a $50 Barnes & Noble gift card!



Here is a bit about my novel, Veiled Virtues:
When Paige Stewart left America to house-sit in England, her only thoughts were to get away from her controlling mother and to have fun. Little did she know that her working holiday would find her hearing eerie voices, experiencing alarming dreams and bleeding from old scars. Although Paige's differences confuse and disgust her, she opens up to the shopkeeper of a strange metaphysical store in town, where she finds much more than tarot cards and crystals. Soon, Paige is stalked like prized game. Relentlessly pursued, her holiday takes a turn for the eerie and dangerous. Her only saving grace may be a modern-day English knight who sweeps her off her feet and recognizes the true virtues the American teen unknowingly possesses.
Veiled Virtues is available at the following sites:  Amazon  OmniLit   Smashwords   MuseItUp Publishing   Diesel   Kobo    BookStrand   AmazonUK 
Coming soon to Barnes & Noble and iTunes!!!

Excerpt from Veiled Virtues:  Hearing voices is not good, right???
The mile ride into Newbury was an easy one, and I found my way to the town center. I locked up the bike and walked down Cheap Street, lined with numerous shops, restaurants, and pubs.
One store front in particular caught my eye. The sign said MAGOG’S, and the items in the window intrigued me — a display of crystals and shiny colored stones; some dragon and fairy figurines; an astrology chart; and some books. A closer look at the books revealed titles such as Paranormal Occurrences in Elizabethan England, The Attraction of Metaphysics, Extrasensory Phenomena, and Glimpses of Evil: A Guide to Demonology. I looked up at the MAGOG’S sign again and guessed it must be some kind of new-age store or something. A poster hung in the window advertising an outdoor music festival in Glastonbury. That might be fun to go to if I made any friends there.
I almost continued down the sidewalk when a man’s voice whispered, “There.” I turned to find out who said it, but no one was near me. I figured I must have been mistaken, but then the voice grew louder.
It’s in there.
I whirled around. No one again.
What just happened? Hearing voices isn’t normal.
The noise must have been something else because I knew I was not crazy. Determined in my normalcy, I shook off the incident and resumed my self-directed town tour of Newbury.
About Jan’s giveaway:
Enter to win a $50 Barnes & Noble gift card!!! One lucky winner will be chosen from the commenters on her blog (including emails to her from non-Book Blogs members), "Likes" and "Shares" on Facebook and Tweets about her book, Veiled Virtues, or the Summer Reading Party site (include @veiledvirtues in your tweets!). It's that easy!!! She will be having other giveaways during the month on her blog as well, so make sure to visit it!

Jan can be found online at:
Twitter @veiledvirtues
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Veiled-Virtues/163489290375669
Blog:  http://bookblogs.ning.com/profiles/blog/list?user=1iroqwhwlmsmg
Website: http://www.veiledvirtues.com
                   
                                                                       * * * *


Thanks for stopping Jan.  Your book, Veiled Virtues, sound great and may I also say, "YIKES" - a $50 Barnes & Noble card!  Awesome prize!


Also folks, if you comment on my blog your name goes into a drawing for a "Get Ready For Summer" basket.  And as it happens I am visiting with Jan on her blog @ http://bookblogs.ning.com/profiles/blogs/billy-cooper-s-awesome-nightmare-the-first-of-the-wickware-sagas.  Now if you happen to stop and comment there, I am giving away a PDF copy of one of my stories....your choice, to one commenter!


Stop by and see me anytime!





2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan The cover of your book alone makes me want to buy it, which I will. It sounds so good.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy - Do you have an email address? I would like to put your name in a drawing for stopping by!

      Penny

      Delete